Monday, July 15, 2013

F L O W E R   T Y P O G R A P H Y

The summer issue of Bride just came out, and I'm excited to show what I've been working on for the last couple of months. I planned my cover shoot with the idea that I wanted to make the masthead out of flowers... so we decided to do a floral-inspired fashion spread, which included more than just gowns, but clothing you could wear as a bridesmaid, flower girl, or even for a wedding shower.

Photographs by Jenny Risher / Floral Styling by Cindy Hicks / Styling by Stephanie Potts







































A close up of one of the flower letters:






































Cindy (the amazing floral stylist) hot glued fresh flowers to foam core that I had laser cut:

Check out the finished spread, as well as more behind the scenes shots:


I used my exhibit design skills (thanks George P. Johnson) to scale up the masthead so that the flower to model ratio would look natural. Then I had the type cut from foam core so that the flowers could be attached:







Tissue paper flowers by Belles Reveries:


































































Brisa (My good friend Cassidy's neice) had so much fun getting her hair + makeup done and modeling for us:






































Cindy had to style the trees, as they weren't nearly flowery enough:





























































































Take a Megabite helped Cindy with all the hot gluing that was going on:







































A shot of (most of) the crew - we had such a fun day hanging out of the farm!




































No comments:

Post a Comment